Maintaining the Beauty of Your Resurfaced Pool: Tips and Tricks
Resurfacing your pool is a great way to improve its appearance and extend its lifespan. However, it is important to properly maintain your resurfaced pool in order to keep it looking its best. Here are some tips and tricks:
- Brush your pool regularly. This will help to remove any dirt, debris, or algae that could build up on the surface and stain the plaster. Be sure to brush the entire pool, including the walls and floor.
- Test your water chemistry regularly. Improper water chemistry can damage your pool’s plaster and make it more susceptible to staining. Be sure to test your water chemistry at least once a week and adjust the levels as needed.
- Shock your pool regularly. Shocking your pool helps to kill algae and bacteria and keep the water clean and clear. Be sure to shock your pool according to the instructions on the product label.
- Use a pool cover. A pool Phoenix Pool Resurfacing cover helps to protect your pool from the elements, including dirt, debris, and sunlight. Sunlight can cause your pool’s plaster to fade over time, so a pool cover is essential for maintaining the appearance of your resurfaced pool.
- Clean your pool filter regularly. A dirty pool filter can allow dirt and debris to build up in your pool, which can lead to staining. Be sure to clean your pool filter according to the manufacturer’s instructions.
In addition to the above tips, there are a few other things you can do to maintain the beauty of your resurfaced pool:
- Avoid using harsh chemicals. Harsh chemicals can damage your pool’s plaster and make it more susceptible to staining. When cleaning your pool, be sure to use only mild chemicals that are specifically designed for pools.
- Be careful with metal objects. Metal objects can rust and stain your pool’s plaster. Be sure to remove any metal objects from your pool, such as swimsuits with metal clasps or jewelry.
- Balance your pool’s pH. A high pH can damage your pool’s plaster and make it more susceptible to staining. Be sure to balance your pool’s pH regularly.
- Maintain proper calcium hardness levels. Low calcium hardness levels can cause your pool’s plaster to etch and become dull. Be sure to maintain proper calcium hardness levels in your pool.
- Hire a professional pool service company. If you are unsure about how to properly maintain your resurfaced pool, you can hire a professional pool service company. They will be able to provide you with expert advice and assistance.
Here are some additional tips and tricks for maintaining the beauty of your resurfaced pool:
- Use a pool vacuum. A pool vacuum is a great way to remove dirt and debris from the bottom of your pool without disturbing the plaster.
- Use a pool net. A pool net is a great way to remove leaves and other large debris from the surface of your pool.
- Use a pool brush attachment for your garden hose. This is a great way to brush the walls and floor of your pool without having to get in.
- Use a pool pillow. A pool pillow is a great way to prevent algae from growing on the steps of your pool.
- Use a pool tile cleaner. A pool tile cleaner is a great way to clean and brighten your pool tiles.
By following these tips and tricks, you can keep your resurfaced pool looking its best for years to come.
Here are some additional tips for dealing with common problems:
- Algae: If you notice algae growing in your pool, you can shock your pool or use an algaecide. Be sure to follow the instructions on the product label.
- Stains: If you notice stains on your pool’s plaster, you can try to remove them with a pool stain remover. Be sure to follow the instructions on the product label.
- Etching: If your pool’s plaster is etched, you may need to have it resurfaced again.
If you are unsure about how to deal with a particular problem, you can consult with a professional pool service company.